I completely agree. But... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 07, 2020, 15:24 (1235 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, December 07, 2020, 15:46

Wait, what? How is Dodge high-risk, by that measure? Are you disabled for a second or two after your dodge finishes? (Spoiler alert - you're not. You can fire IMMEDIATELY after dodging. Try doing that after a shoulder charge.)

So, I did the science.

I took videos of me doing a shoulder charge then firing a shotgun as soon as I was able. I took a video that contained a few of these tests. I did the same thing with a Hunter Dodge.

From the moment the shoulder charge starts to the moment I was able to fire the gun was 32 frames. That's the best I managed--most of them were 41-43 frames.

With the Hunter Dodge, every single one I did was 41-42 frames.

Worst case scenario, they're basically exactly equal, and in the best case, the Shoulder Charge was actually faster.

I transferred the exact same shotgun between characters, I didn't use any dexterity mods on either character, etc., etc. It was as fair as I could make it.

You're wrong. Not partially wrong, not conditionally wrong, just wrong. Period.

EDIT: Here's the proof, just in case.

This is in Lightworks. The blue number in the lower left is the time stamp, but the number after the decimal is actually the frame number, so it rolls over the next second at 30.

Here's the Titan stuff. The second picture is the picture I counted as frame one, the first one just shows the frame just before so you can see what I judged as the "start" of the ability. The final image is the first frame in which I could see muzzle flash from the shotgun.

[image] [image] [image]

Now here's the Hunter:

[image] [image] [image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread