Why Bungie gets visual storytelling wrong (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 27, 2015, 02:27 (3188 days ago) @ Avateur

You asked:

Okay, so we have one race pillaging unprotected parts of our planet. Why? What's their purpose? What do they care? Why aren't they doing everything they can to get at the Traveler or decimate the walls that remain?

I provided you with the established answers. You then threw out those answers because:

Yay backstory!

Yes, far too much of Destiny happened in the past. Yes, far too little is conveyed during the present. But throwing out an answer just because it happened in the past makes no sense. As far as we know, the Big Bang and Earth's formation (among other things) happened in Destiny's past. Is all of that also "Yay backstory!" ?

I don't care about what Bungie said or when about Saturn or any of that. Frankly, I have no idea what you're even talking about with any of that nonsense. If Cody's crying about Saturn, that's his deal. Also, where did he even bitch about Saturn in his post in this thread? What the hell are you even babbling on about with this Saturn nonsense? I just re-read my stuff four times and I don't see where I ever implied anything about Saturn, or anything involving Year One in particular. I feel like your Cody vendetta has clouded your view or something.

I was comparing Cody's impatience in regard to Saturn to your impatience in regards to the healing of The Traveler. That's all. Cody's beef with Saturn was just a reference I knew we both knew about. Sorry if that was unclear, but it really wasn't about Cody this time. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread