So how's the gaming coming along? (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 13, 2015, 14:18 (3097 days ago) @ TheeChaos
edited by Korny, Friday, November 13, 2015, 14:29

You've put 30 hours into the campaign alone? How long does it take to beat? I remember being able to fly through one in about 5 hours it seems.

From what I've heard, it's taken reviewers anywhere from eight to eleven hours to beat the main campaign. It's pretty meaty (and heady). We started out on Realistic difficulty, so we probably spent closer to eighteen-twenty hours. We also spent a little while reading through the in-game Grimoire, playing the zombies mini game in the campaign, and trying to beat each other's score in the Survival Simulation between missions. There's... A lot to do.

After that, we started the second campaign, "Nightmares", which is a zombie version of the story campaign's levels. It has its own plot, which is done very well, considering that they had to reuse the same cutscenes and story encounters, but give them an entirely different context. We're also doing that on Realistic, and it's genuinely scary (that moment when you hear an exploding zombie scream right behind you). Here's our stream of the Zombie campaign (visual spoilers for the story campaign, though, because cutscenes). Skip to an hour and six minutes in to see Sammy and I tackle a non-spoilery room full of exploders. I made noises that I can't identify:

We haven't beaten it yet, but the other modes are fun enough to keep us from it; tough I have gone back through the story campaign's matchmaking to help Randoms get through the missions and find the collectibles that I missed, and it's neat to actually be able to survive more than one shot. :P

But yeah, it's a pretty massive game. Shame that you're getting it on Xbox. We would have loved to play with you, and I wouldn't be against going through the Realistic campaign again...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread