I'm loving it. (Gaming)

by Quirel, Tuesday, November 17, 2015, 19:09 (3093 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm going to say it right now, Lilith is awesome. Roland is awesome. Mordecai and Brick have yet to show up, but they're going to be awesome when they do.

Lilith and Roland are the characters I spent the most time playing in the original game, and I love them in the sequel. I love what the sequel did for them. The original was disappointing in the story department because I followed some of the promotional material and expected each of the characters to have their own little story arc. I don't think there was so much as a player-specific sidequest. The characterization is pretty much limited to:

These were blank-slate characters, just like the Rookie. Some stuff was planned, but it was abandoned while the game was still being developed. So far, Borderlands 2 has flawlessly succeeded in elevating these blank-slates into people I care for.

Anyhow, I'm starting to get disappointed with the guns in Borderlands 2. It's hard to find a good weapon that isn't a pistol, shotgun, or sniper rifle. On the other hand, Borderlands 2 has some downright loony weapons that I wouldn't give up for the world. Like those pistols that get more accurate the longer you fire them. Or the Tediore weapons that are thrown like a grenade when you reload. Or that shotgun that you throw like a grenade when you reload, and it slowly homes in on enemies, firing all the way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread