I have a capable PC now. No extra games, way more work. (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Friday, November 13, 2015, 18:13 (3097 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Avateur, Friday, November 13, 2015, 18:28

Haha, I can't speak on the modding at all because I haven't tried it or any of those games for PC, believe it or not. I'm still debating with myself on whether to go with Fallout on Xbox or PC. I think Fallout for PC would require a GPU upgrade, but that's it. I can hit the minimum reqs still, and my build is years old.

I get what you're saying about certain builds, especially with how technology leaps ahead while the consumer tries to play keep-up to run newer things. I purchased all the parts and built my comp myself back in 2011 or 2012, and I built it to be as future-proof as possible. I can still do Legacy of the Void on Ultra settings without any slowdown or hiccup. One BIOS upgrade and I can bump my RAM to 32GB and upgrade to a 22nm processor, too. It's really just the GPU holding me back at this point from running nearly everything out right now solidly.

Going back to Fallout, I don't know if I care that much about the graphics to upgrade my GPU at the moment. I think I'd enjoy it just fine while meeting the minimum reqs, and I'd get the added bonus of what I enjoy about PC gaming that the Xbox wouldn't deliver for me. But then again, I have a much bigger TV than I do for a monitor, and gaming on my Xbox tends to be more comfortable over long periods of time, so who knows! Lots of potential tradeoffs depending upon comp build, comfort, preference, etc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread