I'm loving it. (Gaming)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 01:23 (3092 days ago) @ Quirel

Anyhow, I'm starting to get disappointed with the guns in Borderlands 2. It's hard to find a good weapon that isn't a pistol, shotgun, or sniper rifle. On the other hand, Borderlands 2 has some downright loony weapons that I wouldn't give up for the world. Like those pistols that get more accurate the longer you fire them. Or the Tediore weapons that are thrown like a grenade when you reload. Or that shotgun that you throw like a grenade when you reload, and it slowly homes in on enemies, firing all the way.

Mr. Torgue's Swordsplosion.

It's a shotgun that fires swords, that explode like grenades, but the explosions generate more swords, which also explode like grenades. The flavor text was something along the lines of "Yes, you can bring a knife to a gunfight." Most of the drops I've gotten were a piddly x1 or x2, so it'd only generate one or two projectiles, and thus wasn't worth using so much. Luckily, I did get one that was like, x5 or something. That was pure goddamn insanity, and for the better part of 10 levels, it shredded anything it was pointed at.

I'm also fond of the Babymaker. A Tediore SMG, so you throw it out and it explodes when you reload, except upon explosion it generates a number of tiny SMGs which also explode a moment later. They're randomly colored blue and pink.

And lastly, E-Tech guns are boss. The one Zed gives you for the introductory quest is garbage, 90% of the rest of them are glorious neon elemental death machines. Just beware how much ammo they use up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread