I'm loving it. (Gaming)

by Quirel, Thursday, November 19, 2015, 04:02 (3091 days ago) @ stabbim

Yup, BL2 fleshes out the characters from the first game in a big way. Much better story in general. Apparently some people really prefer BL1. I don't understand that at all.

Pro-tip: Play the DLCs. Hammerlock is kinda meh but the Torgue and Tiny Tina DLCs are fantastic.

I will. The DLC for the first game was fantastic.

Many of the legendaries are extremely good. The shotgun you're thinking of is Deliverance. It was always one of my favorites. And unlike Destiny, they didn't get left behind after DLCs. I mean, you had to obtain them again which kind of sucked (no way to increase level on already-obtained drops), but at least they still existed.

So? Borderlands 1 had tons of guns that were fun to play around with, not just the Legendaries. I also like how the weapons had distinct classes and subclasses. You don't have to play it for long before you realized that handguns were divided into pistols and revolvers, each of which were subdivided into a variety of distinct groups, like mashers, machine pistols, etc. When you picked up a gun, you had a general idea of how it functioned.

This is less true for Borderlands 2. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. Oh, and I like how in Borderlands, the revolver weapon models accurately reflected how many shots you have.

What platform do you play this on?

PC.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread