^ This ^ (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 14:13 (2585 days ago) @ narcogen

Meh. Cayde-6 has never been serious. Fortunately, there's Zavala and Ikora and Eris and the Speaker and the faction representatives and Petra and Variks and Uldren and Mara and Maya to balance him out. I get what you're saying, but I'd bet you the most expensive version of Destiny 2's deluxe editions that the full trailer will not carry the same tone.

Still, knowing the difference between all those characters and Cayde, they chose Cayde for this trailer. That says something.

I mean, he's sort of an obvious choice because he's just about the only character in Destiny that isn't a cardboard cutout. Within the context of TTK, his personality worked. But over the course of that expansion, he had plenty of "serious" dialog too. Even so, I found his "woah, look at me! I'm whacky and charming and just making jokes about everything all the time" schtick almost went too far. Since then, I thought his dialogue in the taken-infied Nexus strike to be downright obnoxious. Who needs meaningful dialogue or good writing when you can just count on Fillion to ham it up in the recording booth and improvise a few 1-liners, right?

Between that and this new teaser, I don't like the trajectory I'm seeing. But maybe it'll be totally different in the actual game. Again, I'm not worried or worked up or upset (I feel like I need to keep saying that, because some people are reacting as if I'm frothing-at-the-mouth, up in arms about this ;p). All I'm saying is I didn't like it, and those are my reasons. No big deal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread