Also, for anyone saying "it is just a teaser"... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 14:40 (2584 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Sure, there is overlap between Deadpool and Cayde-6, but Deadpool bores me in that his schtick seems rooted in juvenile irreverence—Look ma! I gots a potty mouth!

This is what's bugging me. I like Deadpool and I like Cayde-6, but I like them for different reasons because they were two different characters.

Deadpool is completely in it for himself. He'll do whatever he wants whenever he wants if he thinks it's fun or will benefit himself in some way.

Cayde-6 is pretty much Exo-Mal. He's got his own way of doing things. His actions may not be completely on the up-and-up, but in the end, he does what he does to get the job done and take care of his team.

Everything we've seen or read about Cayde-6 before the trailer has fit the Captain Mal personality. Sitting out of a fight for a gag, though? That's a Deadpool move.

-Disciple

I hear you. Maybe I love him so much I give him the benefit of a doubt, but I thought there was lull in the fighting, and then the action came to him. Probably what tilts things in favor of your interpretation is "Cayde, any day now" at the end, but I saw that as a reaction to his pace at that moment, and his reaction as in line with the Exo-Mal character.

20 minutes until the trailer! Whoopee!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread