You see problems, I see awesomeness we don't know yet.

by Reconcilliation @, Imagination Station, Monday, June 17, 2013, 00:41 (3960 days ago) @ Leviathan

I could totally understand these posts from folks AFTER Destiny comes out, in the vein of making Destiny 2 better, and stuff like that...

But right now, for every known, even if it seems troublesome to you, there's 100 unknowns none of us know that could completely shift our perspective and understanding of how the game works and flows. Because Destiny is not Bungie's Halo 4 (or 5 or whatever). It's a whole new game.

Imagine trying to criticize Halo CE before it came out - none of us knew how vastly different it was from all FPSs before it until we played it. They changed the rules, and what might seem strange or weird in a bulletin list on a piece of paper worked out wonderfully with every other element they poured into it. BUT, leading up to Halo 2, we COULD actually really discuss how Halo worked and have some idea on how new elements could change it for the better or worse.

I'd like to just wait and try it. And if I like it, awesome. If I don't, then maybe it's not the game for me, and I hope the people who do love it will see it only continue to improve from their feedback.

The best criticism of the game is going to be after it launches, but criticism before then is also good.

After seeing the behind-the-scenes demo, I actually felt like I was a little too harsh on some of my points.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread