Things to do?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 13:22 (3965 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is there going to be enough to do in Destiny? And I don't mean "hanging out on Mars".

Creating content and designing encounters is tough. I mean, look at Reach. You got nine levels of crafted spaces and encounters, and that game took more than 2 years to make, and took most people somewhere around 15 hours to finish.

From what I see in MMOs, there's enough content only because it all takes a long time to do because:

1. You have to travel around a lot to get to the quests.
2. The enemies take a relatively long time to fight
3. You need to grind your way to the required level

Has Bungie really been working on Destiny long enough, and with enough people that when it ships we'll get more than 15 hours of encounters? Or are they going to use any of the three methods above to slow us down from completing it?

Because I can easily see a good player sitting down and beating Reach in a long day. Maybe Destiny will take an entire weekend. But due to the nature of combat in first person shooters, and the time required to make compelling spaces and encounters, what is going to keep me in this world other than them having a shit ton of levels?

Are there going to just be a shit ton of levels? Are we going to be slowed down MMO style? Will the shit ton of levels be designed well with care and attention to them?

Quote embellishment by me.

The way you talk - it's almost like you have never played a Bungie game before. They actually intend to have this game last 10 years (instead of by accident). Do you really think that they are just going to announce their intentions only to gimp it later on? Its madness. They wouldn't let themselves do such - its why I - nay - WE are fans of Bungie. They know what they are doing and are going to do the best they can. It will NOT - I repeat -WILL NOT be perfect the first time through (if at all). As they have stated - the ENTIRE studio is focused on Destiny.

They aren't going to meet all your expectations - nor should you expect it. At least try to have fun with the possibilitys this new world can bring. Don't look too much into the table scraps and wait for the main course, then you can spew on how under-cooked the meat is (presuming it is).

Freaking out on what-ifs will only lead to madness. It is known.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread