You see problems, I see awesomeness we don't know yet.

by Avateur @, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:54 (3935 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Imagine trying to criticize Halo CE before it came out - none of us knew how vastly different it was from all FPSs before it until we played it. They changed the rules, and what might seem strange or weird in a bulletin list on a piece of paper worked out wonderfully with every other element they poured into it.

This, for me, is the key. And it wasn't just Halo CE. Every Bungie game has changed the rules in some way or another (well, every first-in-the-series game) - I have no reason to believe that Destiny will not follow this pattern. In fact, I could justifiably be called obstinate if I argued that Destiny WON'T follow this pattern, simply because I haven't seen enough of it yet.

I don't have faith that Destiny will be perfect. There have certainly been parts of Bungie's games I haven't enjoyed. I DO have faith that they'll make the game they want to make - and I am STRONGLY encouraged by the enthusiasm that many of the old-timers are showing. When Jason Jones waxes poetic about a project... I sit up and take notice. When Chris Butcher says this is different than anything he's ever done before... I listen. They may not be willing to tell me HOW this game meets their idea of 'new' or 'different' yet - but I have enough experience with their work and their opinions up to this point that I am willing to hold off on my judgements until I see enough to make my own decisions.

That's not blind faith - it's firmly rooted in proven track records.

While a lot of that does it for me, along with my natural love and excitement for Bungie related things, reading posts like this from you actually gets me way more excited and ready to love what's coming from Bungie than a lot of the interviews and general buzz around the internet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread