Except we've known the NMS gameplay loop for a while now (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 01, 2016, 12:21 (2828 days ago) @ Korny

If you have a really great game, these types of videos should excite people. But it seems to be doing the opposite. I can only conclude the "don't spoil yourself" is a bullshit line, and the real reason is so that people don't decide to not buy the game, or worse: cancel their pre-orders.

I stick to my theory that if you can't easily and enthusiastically explain the mechanics, and what type of game you have, then you have a mess on your hands.

Never forget that Crimson Skies had an entire TV special dedicated to the making-of the game before it launched, and the game looked terrible, the people making it looked defeated and miserable, and the entire point of the special (trying to hype up the game) backfired because of how unenthusiastic everyone was...

And the game is one of the most revered games of the sixth console generation, and it wasn't even on the Dreamcast.

But could they easily explain what the game was and how it would play? I am betting they could!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread