How are you doing? (Off-Topic)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 08:36 (1492 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Got to play though Doom Eternal (enjoyed it!), probably the first gaming I've gotten to do in probably 6 months. It really was some sorely needed self-care, honestly.

I got to play a bit myself. It's a fantastic game even though I'm only 1 mission in. I think I'm going to have to pace myself, though. It's pretty intense and I can only handle a mission or two at a time.

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Fine, for the moment.

Are you stuck at home?

Yeah, but I would be anyway. I work from home normally and live by myself, so as long as I'm stocked on groceries, honestly not that much has changed in my daily life. I almost feel bad about how big a change everyone else is going through.

Are you working?

Yep, see above. Plus the company I work for mostly supports auto body shops, which are deemed "essential businesses" in the states we operate in, so for now we still have work.

Do you have ways to be social or keep monotony at bay? Still Raiding?

I think so. Honestly a lot of my social life is online anyway. Most of the friends I keep up with IRL are also gamers so we'll come up with something.

Do you need to vent?

Not really. Actually I've mostly been impressed with how much MOST people are trying to do their part right now. There's a few idiots here and there, but honestly most people I deal with are pretty well up to speed on what to do and WHY we're doing it. Even people I'd normally consider pretty ignorant of science/medical topics.

Do you need anything?

Not yet. Amazon's a little slow to fill orders right now but they still are doing it at least, and I wasn't crtitically low on anything so I can wait a bit.

Are you ok?

Personally, yeah. I do worry about a family member and a couple other people I know whose immune systems aren't good.

Sound off. Let your friends know how you're doing. People care about ya!

Thanks, Rev. Same to you and yours.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread