How are you doing? (Off-Topic)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:42 (1459 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm still at the office, but my office is fairly isolated with only 3 people and a lab. We're soaking it down regularly with Lysol. Most of my company, and industry, is shut down right now. A lot of what I do can't be done from home, so unless they close everything I'll be holed up here in my office and lab. My wife is still working too because she is in one of the "essential" industries.

I was supposed to go to China this summer for work. That is obviously on hold for now.

I'm WFH but Jackie is still required to go in... not sure how much longer that will last but she works for a group of folks from a generation that subscribes to the thought you must be physically in the office to get clerical work done....

I've been looking at plane tickets like crazy.

One of my side gigs is pretty much shut down because Nashville has no tourists right now, and the location I sell laser cut items at is closed until sometime in April.

My makerspace is closed and is likely going to out of business because of this so I'm really bummed :(

I'm optimistic it will come back in some form but it still sucks.

On my other side gig, I do still have some fireworks shows scheduled for May. That was supposed to be my biggest month, outside of the July 4th city shows. One small show got bumped to June, and I'm waiting on a decision for a big show that is scheduled for May 8th. It might get bumped to September. Two more shows are still scheduled for late May.

The Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot on April 3-4 got canceled. For me, that's like canceling Christmas. If I don't get to blow something up in the next few weeks I am going to go crazy.

I saw! I was like "shit just got real for blue" lol

I have been waiting for the weather to warm up so I can head to the Smokies for some backcountry hiking. I was planning to go up there this weekend but the park is completely closed for 2 weeks. I have a longer hike planned for the end of April, but that is up in the air right now. I have about 150 miles of trials I wanted to knock out this summer, along with any quick weekends I could sneak some more into, but it's all up in the air right now.

Yeah. I just had to cancel a trip down to Savannah to go meet up with a bunch of my maker\cosplay friends. Was gonna stop down and visit Sammy (and Korny, I guess) on the way down but it's been postponed for now.

Hoping most of our summer\fall plans still happen.

I'd ride down to tail of the dragon on my bike if there was somewhere I could stay lol

I played MCC recently with some guys I haven't talked to in a while and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite my ineptitude in relearning the controls. We should do that more.

LORD do I miss Halo. Christmas 2020. I want a house and a game room. that is my deadline.

I still play Destiny, but I have given up on the pinnacle activities and progression. I really enjoy the gunplay and movement, so I just focus on having a good time and shooting things.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread