How are you doing? (Off-Topic)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 15:24 (1481 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hey, Rev! Long time. Miss you guys!

We're all healthy. Life isn't that different than it was before this all started... with the exception of social gathering at night (and that actually turns out to matter).

No trivia nights. No plays. No talks at Town Hall (we volunteer there, so we end up seeing a half-dozen talks a month there, in normal times).

No Thursday night dinners with Nico.

No Sunday night movie nights.

We talked about 'remote watching', where everyone watches the show at the same time, but in their own home. We rejected that pretty quickly. I mean, 80% of the fun of watching stuff with other people is the other people.

Glad to hear you guys are OK. I legit had concerns with you being the part of the country you are. It hasn't been much a change for me, but my wife is way, way less OK with all this. She is a social butterfly and not enjoying being stuck at home. She's basically a golden retriever and I have to take her out for walkies.

Becky is busier than she's ever been; her work went from routine to crazy when this got bad. (She works for a bail fund - they're now totally focused on getting as many people out of pre-trial incarceration as possible, because jails are just incubators these days. You shouldn't be forced to be sick - or die - because you don't have money to bail yourself out.) She's being pretty careful, though - it's sort of amazing to see the new routine. She comes back inside, everything she wears goes right into the wash. Everything gets wiped down - the car (which I'm rarely in any more) smells like bleach all the time.

Glad she's OK and taking steps to protect herself. It is weird how this is affecting areas of society that people don't think about at first. Ohio has suspended most all court hearings but I don't know about those locked up waiting. Our Governor has been providing updates specifically for our prison systems which I found interesting....

I think once we come out the other side of this thing, maybe the best part is gonna be that everyone will be in the habit of washing their hands. I told someone yesterday, I've probably washed my hands more in the past 3 weeks than in the previous 25 years.

Gross.

But yeah, I agree and have said similar to folks. After all of this, we should be pros at washing hands after sneezing, coughing, using the bathroom etc.

Costco is STILL out of toilet paper. America, you're stupid.

Yep!

The stores around here are starting to have a supply of basic things again like canned foods, bread\milk. TP is hit and miss. FRESH FOOD IS EVERYWHERE.

We made the mistake of shopping for regular groceries like the day before our state leaders declared it was time to start winding things down... we just didn't think it would be as crazy as it ended up being.

I will say this: I'm proud that in the store we shop at, the candy and soda isle were like, untouched. Meaning, people were stocking up on healthy things and not Mountain Dew and Reese Eggs (which I only thought about doing) lol.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread