thanks for asking! (Off-Topic)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 15:08 (1481 days ago) @ Oholiab

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?
Are you working?
Do you have ways to be social or keep monotony at bay? Still Raiding?
Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

The Oholiab clan is well and well-supplied. I've been working from home for two weeks, and my workload is full at the moment. None of our clients have pulled the plug, and I'm thankful for that.

We are not stuck at home - no shelter-in-place orders - but schools, restaurants, and places of public gatherings are closed.

We have much for which to be thankful. We are all healthy, and we have what we need. Two of the kids are homeschooled anyway, so there has literally been no change to their schedule. Your Accomplice, who was homeschooled for years, attends a school that quickly transitioned to online learning, so he's adjusted well even though he misses his friends. Mrs. Oholiab and I are enjoying more time together and more time with the kids.

I'm one of those immunocompromised persons who need everyone else in society to stay healthy, so please be wise in your decisions to socialize and travel. And wash your hands!

Many of you know that we take the Bible at face value - it claims to be the very word of the Creator. In light of that, we find hope, peace, and rest in passages such as Psalm 46:1:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though it's waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling"

Side notes - anyone up for carrying me through the Pit of Heresy this weekend?? I've never tried it, and I have an exotic quest to complete...

Good to hear! It seems crazy on the face of it that there are so many people where life isn't really any different or hasn't been impacted by this in any meaningful way. It is good that you are aware of that and thankful. I have a hard time in this watching folks struggle with this stuff when there isn't anything they could have done anyway.... life is just like that sometimes.

Stay safe and sane!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread