How are you doing? (Off-Topic)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:33 (1480 days ago) @ ManKitten

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Great! I'm living my best life. Stay home, don't interact with others, when I do have to go out, there's no traffic or dummies do deal with. I'm a homebody anyway, so my lifestyle hasn't changed at all. I'm just able to do it guilt free!

Are you stuck at home?

Our state is in "Shelter in Place" or whatever it's called and I'm doing my part to "Social Distance" but we've had a couple trips to the local park to walk and get fresh air.

Are you working?

Overtime. I'm in marketing department for a company that manufactures a medical incinerator so I've been going full bore to promote the thing.

Do you have ways to be social or keep monotony at bay? Still Raiding?

I started a group text thread with 5 other friend families where I issued challenges throughout the weekend with different themes. The winner took over hosting duties for this upcoming weekend. It helps fill the time with kids on the weekend when everyone is stuck at home.

Do you need to vent?

Nope. Again, living my best life.

Do you need anything?

Luckily, all the stores around here have been in full stock (of things we shop for.) My wife and I enjoy cooking, so raw ingredients are plentiful.

Are you ok?

Yes, but I'm an introvert. My wife is an extrovert and started to go stir crazy. Having a 6 year old in the house can make things stressful at times but all is going well. The new season of Destiny was good timing, it fits my playing style perfectly for a slow burn. Also just discovered that Call of Duty Warzone. So that's going to waste a good amount of time! I've got plenty of home projects to keep me occupied. We are (un)expecting baby 2 in July, so I've been working on moving my office/game room into the garage. It's coming along nicely and is going to be sweet. 2 tvs, 2 xboxs, 2 sound systems, carpetball table, pop-a-shot basketball, hifi system, mini fridge full of beer. Boom.

Same for my wife lol. Every day so far has just felt like a tuesday for me hahah.

One of our friends was telling us something like "you don't know how good you have it with no kids right now" and we were like "oh no, we absolutely do" lmao

Trying to buy a house right now has been interesting. I keep wishing we had just bought maybe a month ago before this started so I could the MY projects lol

Sound off. Let your friends know how you're doing. People care about ya!

I received a joke text a few days to the effect of "Consider your extroverted friends in these times" basically taking the sarcastic tone flipping how introverts aren't comfortable in public spaces. I'm guessing most people here are more on the introverted side, but seriously, if you have extrovert friends, they are probably going crazy right now. Check in on them, they need interaction.

Yep yep. I'm in the camp where this isn't really any different for me, but know it is hard for my extroverted friends. A skype session goes a long way!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread