Not entirely true (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 24, 2020, 18:17 (1347 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Oh, I know that. I even asked about specifically here not too long ago. But the activity says 1040, so that’s the point where I would actually considered my grinding safely “finished.”

I will take you up on that sometime before the season ends, though.

Yesterday I went to Best Buy to pick something up. I wore my Seventh Column shirt, and the guy at the door noticed and we talked Destiny for twenty or thirty minutes before I actually went in to get what I needed. It was great, and it really got me in the mood to play Destiny. That’s sort of where my renewed disappointment comes from—I logged in last night only to be treated with a new list of chores that didn’t seem like any fun. Zavala had a new quest to prepare for the Arrival. Cool! Only I talked to Sloane and she wanted me to do some Patrols and kill 150 Hive or whatever. Like, seriously? Is this really what they have to offer? That or grinding out far too many objectives just like that for Solstice armor? It’s so disheartening, and the entire game is designed like that right now. It’s just a bummer.

I’m . . . interested in trying the new expansion. I hope it’s good, but I certainly don’t expect it to be as good as Forsaken or The Taken King. I think I’m going to be a fall expansion only player from this point. The core designs of the seasons just don’t work for me. I suppose it’s about time I accept that instead of just bitching about it here so much. (:

That’ll be easier going forward, because from here on out I won’t have prepaid for the whole year’s worth of seasons, so I won’t be able to jump in and try any of them out only to be disappointed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread