^^yup^^ (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 13:01 (1346 days ago) @ Vortech

I guess all of this is to ask, what changed that makes you say the game is "no longer" made with a goal of people — or even you — having fun

Maybe me? Maybe I'm the thing that has changed. Maybe game culture as it is today is what has changed. The Destiny model is not unique to Destiny, it's a development process that many a game maker use.

I hate constantly drawing comparisons to the Bungie Halos, but for me, those were the pinnacle of fun games. Especially when it came to PvP. Remember Action Sack? Grifball? Fist A** Extreme? Ok, maybe that last one was a fan made pleasure but know what? We had the ability to make gametypes like FAE. The strategy of working with your team to get the best weapons on the map. Playing Headhunter and seeing flaming skulls go flying all over. Intense games of CTF on Blood Gulch. Then what happened at the end of everything single game? Nothing. Nothing happened. Until that voice chimes in, "alright let's go again."

So what changed? I guess the times have changed, man. The times.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread