Number of times I fought with the interface: (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Sunday, August 24, 2014, 01:14 (3544 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Inventory was never an issue. Maybe you were just carrying too much crap Vagueness. I never saw a reason to carry more than three alternates for any given slot, if that much. Anything more was usually engrams that could be ignored, or garbage that was swiftly dismantled.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one (I usually had 5-6 primaries in my inventory at any time, since I was experimenting with different weapon types in Crucible), but in any case if what we've heard about how harder content is going to work (specific damage types for certain enemies) is true, then more and more players are going to find themselves carrying lots of guns, and swapping between them often, via what is a somewhat clumsy interface.

We've talked about it before, but I think the solution is to provide us with loadouts and an easy way of switching between them in combat. That's the biggest place where a cursor UI falls down: use under time pressure. Some players won't struggle, but I'm sure others will. How exactly you could do this is a tricky question, as the Destiny control scheme is already pretty packed. Maybe some other button combination within the inventory could let you quickly toggle between two or three loadouts? Just spitballing here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread