Number of times I fought with the interface: (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 24, 2014, 18:43 (3544 days ago) @ General Vagueness

To be honest, I'm a lot more frustrated talking about it and having to explain why it was frustrating than I was most of the time using it, which seems like a bad sign to me. It seems like one of those things that's easy and feels right, or is hard and/or feels wrong, and for me it mildly hard and it felt wrong. I don't think anyone was complaining about the regular system, which shows up in console games all over the place, including the Halo games.

I feel ya. I don't know if the plan is maybe to release a PC version down the line, or if they just felt that this would be easier considering the type of game and gear and whatnot. I also agree with you in that I don't think it would be that large of a problem without the whole cursor design, but I also haven't tried it in this game since it doesn't exist. Maybe they're trying something new. It's probably not going to feel right or be easy to use for everyone, and it may take time to get used to it. Maybe you'll never get used to it, especially if Destiny is the only game doing it. It's a tough call and there's no easy solution. I don't see them going back away from the cursors, though. Well, at least not in this iteration of Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread