Let's not use that "F" word... ;) (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 02:05 (3199 days ago) @ someotherguy

I'm not super hyped by the lack of options. Why is there no Collector's Edition for those who already own Destiny, HoW and TDB? I just want the nice things, I don't really need the extra copy of the game.

Oh right, because Activision.

I'm bummed that they offer the digital-download version, and bill it as the one that is supposed to be for their "most loyal fans", and yet that purchase includes the LEAST amount of "bonus" digital content. Oh, and that "exclusive" Year-1 emblem? Not so exclusive after all:

*TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE VIP REWARDS, PLAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE LIGHT LEVEL 30 CHARACTER OR OWN BOTH EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II ON OR BEFORE 08/31/15 AND PURCHASE AND PLAY THE TAKEN KING ON OR BEFORE 02/01/16. VIP REWARDS APPLICABLE FOR ANY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE OF DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING, DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – LEGENDARY EDITION, AND DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – COLLECTOR’S EDITION (DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL).

So you don't actually have to buy the 'special' Digital Download version to get those 3 "VIP Rewards", but you DO have to buy the $80 Collector's edition if you want the bonus dance-moves, 3 shaders and 3 XP-boosting class items. :-\

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread