Not interested... (Destiny)

by yakaman, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 11:56 (3199 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I guess I'm hoping for more, but not really expecting it. I love Destiny. More content to play with friends is a great thing. But 2 expansions later, the game still feels largely incomplete to me. I would love to see The Taken King address some of Destiny's weaknesses.

It's a better bet than any of the previous expansions doing that given its size. You have to remember though, that you are still working within the framework of what's there. I'm not getting my hopes up for any of the real and dramatic changes that are needed, until Destiny 2.

Agreed. That's why I didn't mention any sweeping changes or drastically new game modes. Cutscenes and dialog with existing characters wouldn't require any restructuring of the game itself (they're already in Destiny, just absent from the expansions). It's more a question of whether or not the writers, cinematic team, & audio team have time and resources to plan that stuff out, get the voice actors into the studio, etc.

My interest in Destiny popped like a balloon with HoW. It's been about 3 weeks now and I don't think it's coming back. It's not that I don't appreciate the details and content they're adding - I simply can't muster any interest in playing. More loot is no longer sufficient incentive.

I got my money's worth out of Destiny, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I learned to tolerate Crucible, but I don't think the unique guns thing works for me. Too much advantage, to easy to exploit, too difficult to balance. And I don't think I like RNG either. Strangely, the single best thing about Destiny is this forum and community.

I'll be interested in Destiny 2 when it comes, but I've drunk my fill.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread