Kar15 Korner (Destiny)

by car15, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 02:55 (3199 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by car15, Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 03:01

For the zero people that care about my opinion - my whole opinion, mind you...

The good: I like this expansion. Everything about it looks great. Even if we don't get new cutscenes or substantial additions to the story (and let's be honest, at this point, does anyone actually expect those things?), all the content looks solid and fun. A new raid, new enemies, new subclasses, new environments... All of these things are good.

The bad: I can't shake the feeling that most of this stuff should have been included in the base game. Destiny, as it was shipped, was an incomplete experience. It really feels like Bungie withheld content for the expansions, particularly given that we saw a lot of expansion content in-engine in pre-release videos. I guess that's becoming the norm in this industry, but it's still hard to swallow.

The ugly: I can't believe Bungie is actually going to sell a collector's edition of this game almost a year after it was initially released. That is blatant double dipping and disgusting exploitation of the die-hards that go nuts for collectible items. I know nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it, but that's beside the point. This is a new low for Bungie.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread