Kar15 Korner (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 00:11 (3198 days ago) @ car15

The bad: I can't shake the feeling that most of this stuff should have been included in the base game. Destiny, as it was shipped, was an incomplete experience. It really feels like Bungie withheld content for the expansions, particularly given that we saw a lot of expansion content in-engine in pre-release videos. I guess that's becoming the norm in this industry, but it's still hard to swallow.

The Destiny that shipped in september was deeply flawed, yes. Given that Bungie is committed to this engine and delivering content a certain way, they are at least improving. I am not expecting anything major in terms of fundamental changes until Destiny 2. You can't really. You are correct in that the content needed to be delivered in larger chunks and better integrated with everything else. Something they can't rectify now, but perhaps in 2016 with a sequel. I don't care about the money, the cost of the content is marginal as far as I'm concerned, so paying isn't a problem. It's just the creative baggage that this business model creates on your game that troubles me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread