Wow (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, June 18, 2015, 15:59 (3228 days ago) @ car15
edited by General Vagueness, Thursday, June 18, 2015, 16:06

I got the impression that people were actually expecting to visit Saturn itself, or perhaps one of its moons, which is never going to happen.

A dreadnought in orbit of Saturn =/= Saturn.

Seriously, you're going this far to step on both people's hopes and what Bungie said? I agree people should keep their hopes in check but you're just being a jackass at this point. Besides, you couldn't visit Saturn itself, it has no solid surface.

I just don't want to build up any expectations this time. I got burned hard after Destiny launched and it became clear that the game was so much smaller than I expected it to be, so I'm taking great care to avoid forming any expectations this time around.

That would be one thing, this is telling other people not to get their hopes up. Encouraging people to be realistic or guarded or not hyped beyond all reason would be fine, but you're repeatedly and relatively forcefully saying that they should never get their hopes up, and that's not called for or appreciated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread