That's fine... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 10:18 (2181 days ago) @ Malagate

I recently had an epiphany while playing: Destiny is in such a state that the less I'm invested, the more fun I have. I come to it completely uninformed and it makes everything a surprise. Learning what the changes are from engaging with my fellow DBOers ingame has been much more enjoyable than digging through reddit posts or watching videos of someone else's gameplay on Youtube.

I think this is testament to both the decisions made on implementing aspects of D2; but also the state of the culture. YMMV, but it's been a beneficial shift in perspective for me.

~M

and all well and good if you don't care about doing the raid blind, which is the one Destiny activity I value over all others. I would gladly wait a month to do the raid if I knew I had five other people committed to stay blind for that long and then have the schedule flexibility to devote a weekend to it. I don't feel like I have that luxury (it seems the weekend flexibility two weeks in is too hard), so I feel the need to form my blind team while it's still feasible to do so.

YMMV, and I'll say bully for you. It must be nice.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread