If Bnet is down, here's the content of the update: (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 21, 2018, 07:57 (2177 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is the fault of Bungie’s. They are the ones who determine the light level of the raid, and when to make the raid available. They know full well that was unlikely if not downright impossible for anyone to be at the appropriate level for the raid when it was first available.

Some people think I'm nuts, but to me being underleveled is half the fun of a blind raid. Being underleveled forces you to really learn the ins and outs of the encounter, and actually optimize your actions. I hate how easy the story missions and strikes have been, it was awesome to do heroic stikes this week and actually struggle a bit.

It's also been great to have so many people online these past 2 weeks.

What you are describing is difficulty. I myself prefer challenge. There's a place for both, but difficulty has long since been selectable in video games for a really good reason. And yes, there is a bit of crossover. Sometimes upping the difficulty will up the challenge as well, but not usually.

He is actually describing both. Something is a challenge because it is difficult. Difficulty can come from multiple things as well as the combination of things. For the raid, the combination of difficult bad guys with the difficulty of the raid mechanics makes it really difficult and thus a hard challenge.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread