If Bnet is down, here's the content of the update: (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, May 21, 2018, 08:08 (2178 days ago) @ Malagate

I don't want to have to grind anymore. That's the point. You could do the raids in Dark Below (maybe), Taken King, Rise of Iron, Destiny 2, and Curse of Osiris with no grind whatsoever. Now you can't. It's a giant step backwards in my opinion, and they are losing me.

What happened to the days when YOU, Cody Miller, found your own fun (I'm assuming it was fun for you, I guess) doing things like speed runs and finding secrets? Are you just a grumpy old entitled gamer now, that demands an experience tailored to your desires?

That's the whole point of buying and playing a game… because you believe the things you think are fun and want to do are in the game… of course I am going to tailor leisure activities to my desires. That's the whole point of leisure.

I wish people would stop focusing on the grind itself and just play. Why not try a little detachment and see if that allows you to enjoy yourself?

How hard is this to understand? I am 350. I've done the campaign already. The next activity that interests me is the raid. I need to get to 370 or close to it. JUST PLAYING would mean doing boring ass milestones every week to get powerful engrams. The way Bungie wants you to progress now means doing easy, boring, stupid activities. But if I wait and get there naturally while "just having fun", I'll be the right light level way too late and have nobody to do the raid with blind. That's important to me for a great experience, and for others too. That complicates things.

This is why just telling someone to have fun playing the game is not helpful.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread