If Bnet is down, here's the content of the update: (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 18, 2018, 10:22 (2180 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, May 18, 2018, 10:35

I'm sure they expected some to grindy-grindy-grind to be ready on Day 1; because for some full-time streamers, it means their livelihood. Or bragging rights. I suppose it depends on how badly you need or want to be part of that zeitgeist.

It’s not even about that. It’s about finding 5 other people willing to wait. We already had one of our group asking to push it up a week because they didn’t want to wait. The chances of everyone holding out drop every single week it doesn’t happen. I’ll never not see this as a bad design decision on Bungie’s part. There so many easy ways to make this a non-issue, but instead they decided to take a huge step backwards from the way raids have been since The Taken King. I don’t get it.

I’m not as upset as it seems. I’m just bummed. Raiding blind is easily the best thing in Destiny. I like the game as a whole, but it’s not even close. But Bungie has made that difficult to accomplish.

I understand that I’m in the minority. Most of the community asked for this (I’ll never understand why), and that’s fine. It just feels like a giant step backwards to me, and it makes going in blind much more difficult than it has to be.

As it is, I’m probably going to write this one off. I’ll be ready when I’m ready and I’ll just have to deal with not being able to do it with a full blind group.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread