If Bnet is down, here's the content of the update: (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 13:40 (2181 days ago) @ Speedracer513

How about they deliver a progression system that isn’t bullshit and a raid you don’t need to grind to do?

They did that Cody. A large and vocal portion of the community didn’t like it.

Sorry bud; You lost that battle.

I think if the launch of the Lair had been pushed to May 18, a lot of "grinding grief" would have been avoided from those of us who appreciated the lack of grind. Personally, I haven't found the 340-360 too bad though.

Still, given another week they could have even offered additional Powerful engrams on certain activities each week to incentivize varied play that will still make you more powerful without the "rush".

Yeah, for the reasonable among us, pushing back the launch of the raid lair by a week (or even two or three) to get another round of milestones would arguably be a very positive relief to the "grinding grief".

BUT, in Cody's case, he thinks that having to do any activity other than a single run through of the campaign missions in order to be ready to raid means that it is a BS progression system and super grindy. So pushing back the raid lair launch wouldn't have mattered. He doesn't want to have to do any extra playing.

Correct. There should be a path to the raid that you can reach by only playing new content and not replaying anything. I don’t know why they don’t release a 350 and a 370 version at launch. The hardcore can do the 370. The rest can do the 350 and not have to grind. The best part of the game was locked behind bullshit. Then they fixed that and it was great. Now they locked it behind bullshit again.

There should be a light level version of the raid which can be reached without grinding. There should also be a higher light level version for the hardcore. Not a hard concept.

Grinding to play VoG was worth it because it was such a unique experience. Now the language of raids is known, so I can no longer tolerate grinding to do it. But I also will only try it blind. If I can’t do that, I just won’t do it and that’s it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread