Guess I have to ditch iron banner (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:49 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know this is likely not going to sit well with you since you are rather upset about this, but I have to disagree with your rant entirely. The dilemma you face is one fundamental to any economic system: the handling of assets. As in all economies, not all assets are worth the same, not all assets are easily liquidated, not all resources will be easily, readily or always available. AND true of all economic systems, you are responsible for how you handle your assets within the system.

Now, while tedious, the ability to earn glimmer is equal to all people in Destiny. This, combined with the glimmer cap, actually reduces glimmer disparity among the entire Destiny population, which is itself a good thing. This means there are less forces impinging your ability to gain economic status, while also keeping others from greatly outpacing you, eventually leading to inflation and greater wealth disparity.

It seems to me, and probably most people who will read your post, that you just mishandled your glimmer and have to face the consequences of that action. You took a risk banking on an uncertain market and it didn't work out for you, i.e. you hoped Xur would sell heavy ammo synths a second week in a row and the supply isn't there. People take financial risks all the time. Sorry there's no government/Destiny bailout to help you.

So.... grow up. This definitely isn't a game flaw, it's a financial management flaw. And that's all on you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread