Time sinks (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:41 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

I didn't know it was that important to you to prove me wrong. I don't think this is really about words.

It's not important to me to prove you wrong. It's important to me that you see that words are important; if you go back through the last several dozen posts where I've taken issue with something you've said, you'll see that the vast majority of time, it's about the words you use. You don't really care - or you'd have noticed that by now, it's been years - but I do.

Many people use hyperbole on the internet. Few use it as consistently (or as annoyingly, to me) as you do. I guess even if you noticed that, it would require that my opinion mattered for you to do anything about it - but you're a frequent poster on boards that I manage, and hyperbole has the ability to start fights, so I do my best to suggest to people that they tone it down, at least around here. Most people seem to respect that - we have less of it here than most places like here. But you... you have never even acknowledged that you do it, much less that you're willing to moderate it.

I guess that makes me sad.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread