Time sinks (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:50 (3400 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Many people use hyperbole on the internet. Few use it as consistently (or as annoyingly, to me) as you do. I guess even if you noticed that, it would require that my opinion mattered for you to do anything about it - but you're a frequent poster on boards that I manage, and hyperbole has the ability to start fights, so I do my best to suggest to people that they tone it down, at least around here. Most people seem to respect that - we have less of it here than most places like here. But you... you have never even acknowledged that you do it, much less that you're willing to moderate it.

I have acknowledged it and I have moderated it. Well, at DBO anyway. And for you to not acknowledge that my posts actually do lack hyperbole in general, well, I guess that makes me sad.

Also, it's funny to me that this instance of hyperbole (the first in quite some time here, actually!) led you to reply as opposed to, I dunno, all the other fun stuff going on in this thread that I think was far more... pressing and likely to turn bad. Like I said, I don't think this is about words, not in this instance. If it had been, I think you would have made your previous point (and this one) clear in your first post instead of blowing up onto whatever Cody thing that was. And that also makes me sad.

But anyhow, just know I have acknowledged and have actively stepped the hyperbole back over here. Stepping out of convo now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread