Why? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:39 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

The rest of the argument (while possibly a bit purple) is relatively sound.

No, it's all crap, and here's why: we're talking about a game, and this person is talking down to Cody like some kind of stuffy, bootlicking slave to the system giving a lesson in economics 101.

There's a lot of crap in Destiny, and Cody is damn good at pointing it out.

Then this sentence actually happens:

"This definitely isn't a game flaw, it's a financial management flaw. And that's all on you."

For fucks sake. How is this defensible at all, unless you're someone that's commodified EVERYTHING and has little to no human soul left?

Because it's the truth. Cody has played a good bit more than me and yet he can't buy ammo synths and I can. Why? Because he spent his glimmer on other things. He knew at least a week ago, via weekly update, that the date of Crota's End Hard Mode would be announced along with the anti-cheese patch. He knew far in advance of that that Hard Mode would begin sometime around now and yet wasn't prepared. Even if the game's economy isn't the best he still had plenty of time to prepare... and didn't.

Look, just playing the game and not buying anything significant would have gotten him ~10,000 glimmer. I know this because that's excatly what I did... I was in the hundreds of glimmer a week ago and I didn't even play very much to get where I am now!

And yeah, I'm taking the piss here a bit, because it's that absurd.

No it's not. What's absurd is telling people who made good points to "shut the fuck up" without even bothering to explain yourself. Perhaps you should take your own advice. Someone had to ask you why which is absurd given your harsh language. What we need here is civility and calm, not whatever it was that you brought to the table...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread