Guess I have to ditch iron banner (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 19:29 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wanted to play some iron banner and maybe get and roll some good perks on weapons. I can;t anymore. Do you know why? BECAUSE XUR ISN'T SELLING HEAVY AMMO. I have 100 glimmer and no ammo packs. I was hoping to stock up for the Hard mode raid today with coins, then continue Iron Banner. NOPE.

Because glimmer is so fucking hard and boring to get, I now have to go get glimmer to buy ammo packs if I want to conceivably do the raid. No time for iron banner.

This is fucking bullshit, and this is the type of shit that makes this game so frustrating and awful.

I'm giving up Iron Banner too, but not for that reason. This befuddles me--why would people piss away valuable (and rare) Coins for that? I know you're getting five, but again--Rule of Three masturbation joke. All you have to do is activate a consumable right before you go into a strike, and bam--you've got a good 1,000-2,000 glimmer. Not to mention the Three Hive Lurkers on Earth. I haven't hit my roof in a while, since I keep upgrading my weapons and such, but I've been double-Exoting and racking up the G's. Literally.

But getting Rank 4 IB in a week requires 24/7 gameplay...and 25/8 winning! And the same 5--the exact same literally five--bounties every single day. No way in hell.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread