Time sinks (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:37 (3401 days ago) @ Avateur

That's inherently false. I enjoy the game quite a bit, and this game is masterful at wasting my time and just about everyone else's.

Really? Are we back to Cody's "if you're playing a video game instead of doing something productive, you're wasting your time" argument?

Because if we're not, I'd thank you not to speak for others. (You certainly don't speak for me, and it's pretty clear you don't speak for nico, either.)

The time I choose to devote to playing Destiny is rarely wasted; I play because I like playing. I rarely farm (in the sense Cody's talking about) - there are times I choose to simply patrol, but it's because I like it. If I didn't, I would play something else.

There have been weeks I haven't had enough coins to buy whatever's cool from Xur, and it's made me sad - but it hasn't changed the way I play the game.

From talking to others, I know I'm not alone.

This forum (and really ANY forum devoted to this game, or any game) tends to attract power players - just this morning I read a couple of posts from people who have 2-3 of almost every high-level exotic in the game. I KNOW that the vast majority of players don't have ANY of those - much less multiple copies... so when you let your opinion of how the game should be be swayed by what you hear on a forum, you're not really getting a true picture of the player base. I think that's true here, too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread