Why? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 18:49 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because it's the truth. Cody has played a good bit more than me and yet he can't buy ammo synths and I can. Why? Because he spent his glimmer on other things. He knew at least a week ago, via weekly update, that the date of Crota's End Hard Mode would be announced along with the anti-cheese patch. He knew far in advance of that that Hard Mode would begin sometime around now and yet wasn't prepared. Even if the game's economy isn't the best he still had plenty of time to prepare... and didn't.

Look, just playing the game and not buying anything significant would have gotten him ~10,000 glimmer. I know this because that's excatly what I did... I was in the hundreds of glimmer a week ago and I didn't even play very much to get where I am now!

The issue is that PREPARING IS SUPER FUCKING BORING. If preparing meant spending 20 seconds buying ammo with coins, then that would be fine. But now preparing means glimmer farming.

Uh huh. And how do you get coins? By doing the things you say you are bored with. There is no way you can spend just 20 seconds to do what you want. It takes a lot of time to amass strange coins just like it takes time to amass glimmer. If you weren't out of Glimmer you would just find something else to complain about. You're almost vindictive about it at this point. 'Course the thing is I don't think you hate Destiny as much as you claim. You just like to complain. If you were half serious about all your complaints you'd have moved on to a new game by now!

So what am I supposed to do to prepare that isn't either too easy to be stimulating, or mind numbingly boring and repetitive?

Determin your weapon set well ahead of time and stop spending. Stock up on heavy weapon synths before the "last minute" appearance of Xur... You should have already have been ready! And, certainly don't upgrade weapons you don't need the week before the raid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread