Do YOU enjoy playing the Crucible alone? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 29, 2016, 20:01 (2796 days ago) @ BeardFade

Your hatred of snipers (as one who enjoys sniping but isn't INCREDIBLY talented at it like some are) is more or less how I feel about shotguns. When I'm not sniping and playing close range, I hate getting someone 4/5ths of the way to a kill to be saved by a 1-shot, long range shotgun.

As I said in one of my other posts, the difference to me is that a shotgunner is putting themselves in serious danger by getting close enough to you to use their shotgun (unless they catch you by surprise, in which case I'd say they outplayed you and deserve the kill anyway). I have certainly had moments of frustration against shotguns, but more often than not I am in a situation that favors the shotgun and I got honestly outplayed. Snipers, on the other hand, have the advantage at almost any range. They can quick-scope you from 15 feet away just as effectively as they can from across the map.

Just as you want someone to flinch while being hit by bullets while sniping, I think people should flinch/stagger by default from any bullet so they can't just charge and shotgun you. I think bullets should effect grenade accuracy too.

Honestly, whole PVP game improves if every bullet causes you flinch and stagger, and no perk takes it away. Just my opinion though.

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how I feel about it one way or the other. Seems to me like it would put more emphasis on "whoever fires the first shot wins" gameplay. Less likelihood of reacting and returning fire in a successful way. That's not necessarily a bad thing... just different.

Sidenote: I really don't understand shotguns in the world of Destiny. Who's developing these guns that you hardly use in PvE? It's an area of technology that doesn't seem to have enough use in the universe to warrant the time spent researching and developing better shotguns. The only plausible use of shotguns would be hordes of Thrall attacking you. It's really the only time in the story/universe where a shotgun would be the most useful weapon. Weapons better suited to the task of eradicating the darkness would have been designed and created in this universe. You'd focus on being able to take out targets from easy safe distances. But I'm probably putting more thought into this than people think I should.

I loved shotguns in PvE back when they received that 100% damage boost. They were a blast. Still don't understand why Bungie went back on that change :-/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread