Do we really want games to surprise us? (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 09, 2017, 15:14 (2461 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My issue is exactly what I said: You buried a good article about one game under unneeded, over the top criticism about a different game.

Is it over the top? Is it really criticism? I didn't say that is what it was, I specifically said "from the looks of it", judging from what we've seen so far. Is it likely? Possibly not. I think you're taking something that I inferred, and acting as though I've made an absolute statement like certain other folks around here do...

I'd love to hear more about Senua's Sacrifice, but not from someone who is going to waste my time by being a "prominent moron" for two paragraphs before getting to his actual point. You criticized TotalBiscuit for jumping on a game he hadn't played, but I guess it's fine when you do it? "Do as I say not as I do?"

But I have played Destiny 1 for all three years, and I've followed every bit of news to come out regarding Destiny 2 (and I even played the Beta, on multiple platforms, with several different groups of people!)

Was the crucible drastically different? No.
Was the strike drastically different? No.
Social Space? No.
Story mission? Bright lights and pretty colors aside, no.

So how is my observation "over the top" when I say that it's continuing a pattern that we've been on for the past three years?
We shouldn't be fanboys, man.

Next time, stick to the points you actually want to make and leave off the pointless opening blather.

Highlight something that contrasts a game, but make sure to never point out how it contrasts that game, or you'll hurt someone's feelings. Got it. Don't think that's how it works, though...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread