#Codyiswrongyetagain (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, August 10, 2017, 10:56 (2460 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But because of the way Destiny is built, I need to spend dozens of hours with the stuff I don't like just to get to the stuff I do like. THAT is a fact.

Need to spend dozens of hours, huh? Well, that "fact" is clearly wrong, since you can level a brand new character from 0-400 Light in less than a dozen hours. Ten if you know what you're doing, and that includes doing those raids that you love so much...

Myth BUSTED!!

That is only true NOW. Over time, Bungie expands the number of activities that give high level gear. You know damn well when Rise of Iron came out the only thing that gave gear high level gear was raids and trials. if I recall everything maxed at 365 outside of those activities. If you were playing Rise of Iron on release, you were grinding strikes to get ready for the raid.

Your memory is terrible. You weren't capped at 365 outside of Raids and Trials (I remember Otter being above 370), that was the decryption cap. All other weekly rewards, factions, and exotic engrams could be over that (not to mention Archon's Forge).

It's easier to level NOW for a few reasons:

1. You have 400 level gear to infuse onto to other characters. But getting this on your first character was a

Yeah, but in the video I linked, the guy doesn't do that. He simply uses the drops that the game gives him, and hits 400 Light in ten hours (he hits above 390 long before that).

2. 400 level gear is given out in a huge variety of activities now.

Right, so Cruel's statement that you NEED to grind for dozens of hours is completely false. He didn't say "way back when", he said that as if it were a true statement, which you yourself are pointing out as false.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread