justyouropinionman.jpeg (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 10, 2017, 09:56 (2460 days ago) @ Korny

You never get tired of passing off your opinion as fact.

~m

I was stating my opinion a an opinion. This is really tiresome.

Except that you weren't. You really need to work on how you phrase things, because your same defense of "of course it's just my opinion!" is just as tiring for some.

Three of which were really actually 'fun'

Is not how you phrase an opinion.

"Three of which I found to be actually fun" is an opinion.
"Three of which were really actually 'fun' to me" is an opinion.
"The three that I found to be actually 'fun' - Raids, Trials, and Crucible." is an opinion.

You have a terrible habit that you have always been called out on, and you don't ever try to fix it. You never say "in my opinion", or phrase things as an opinion. No, people are not supposed to infer that something is "just your opinion" when you phrase it as a fact. Do better.

I believe Cody was pointing out, as I often have, that for those of us who only enjoy Destiny's end game (Trials, Raids, nightfalls, etc), the rest of the game is a tiresome and exhausting grind.

This is the point I've made over and over again. If others love spending all their time in patrols and story missions, that's awesome! Good for them. But IMO, those activities are shallow and forgettablecompared to the end game. But because of the way Destiny is built, I need to spend dozens of hours with the stuff I don't like just to get to the stuff I do like. THAT is a fact.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread