Point already made, but you're being stubborn, so... (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 09, 2017, 16:47 (2461 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But it is for more fun (for me, and I need to say that since you can't tell fact from opinion)

I'm pretty sure Xenos has made the most relevant point in this thread.

It's not about other people not knowing that your opinion is an opinion. It's about your choice of phrasing making it unclear whether you have any respect for anyone else in the conversation.

When you state an opinion in a way that others state facts, you suggest (whether you mean to or not) that there is no other reasonable interpretation of the facts. That, in turn, suggests that our opinions, where they differ from yours, are unworthy of consideration.

Nobody wants you to add "IN MY OPINION" to every statement you make (especially since at this point you're doing it in the most sarcastic, obnoxious way possible). We want you to phrase your opinion in a way that TIES IT TO YOU ("I feel", "to me", "I thought", etc etc etc etc etc).

I know you're a brighter person than you're appearing in this thread. (And a nicer one.) You should show the rest of the forum that my opinion of you is correct. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread