Have you ever come across the permadeath? *Spoilers* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 18:18 (2447 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Korny, Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 18:29

Nope, but people have confirmed that it does indeed exist, although there is no consistent way to trigger it, so the conditions remain a mystery (which I think is neat). One reviewer died eighteen times to a single enemy, and didn't trigger rot growth, while some folks have tried spacing it out over several checkpoints without success.

I had a particularly tough section where I died about four times to the same group of enemies, and the rot shot up above Senua's shoulders (permadeath occurs when the rot reaches her brain). I was extremely tense for a while, until I died again about an hour later, and the rot actually receded back down her arm. Compare this first picture that I took shortly before that death, and the super-spoilery one that I took shortly after:

[image][image]

So yeah, it's there, and the threat can grow suddenly and apparently recede even faster, so there's no conclusive way to gauge it, which I think just adds to the genius of it being something that has you uneasy as it looms behind you...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread