Then so shall I (Fan Creations)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, October 23, 2017, 21:38 (2377 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There are lots of references to things I've never seen before (or maybe things I just don't recognize) - with zero explanation. This means that I have no clue what you're getting at - because not only is the reference only relevant if you've seen the original, but you make ZERO EFFORT to explain it for people who might not understand it. (I get that you're doing this because explaining the reference sort of ruins it - but not having any clue what you're saying also ruins it.)

I understand. Can you give me some examples?

The quote you used below is a great example. I have no clue where it's from, and on its surface, it doesn't really apply to the argument you were making (even with your explanation here, I have trouble seeing the connection). And even here, where you're actually trying to address my complaint, you continue to use unattributed references in ways that are not immediately obvious.

Look - I'm really not trying to say that you can't communicate the way you want to communicate. I'm trying to say that if you choose to communicate this way, the only people who will interact with you are people who either get your references, or don't care that they don't. I don't fall into either group. :(

Know your audience indeed. Alright. It seems to me the issue is ultimately inference. You require a far more direct and less imaginative approach then I have here in this post. It's almost like you are a programmer or something. ;D

Well, simply for the sake of saying so, whether or not you know where the reference is from (which is Star Trek: TNG, by the way) does not subtract from the inteded meaning. If you can't see how "*That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence." can infer into "Figuring out new ways to play and have fun", then there is honestly no more I can think of right now that I can do. The issue is a dialect of thinking.

[image]

However. I can do dryer text. I may have distanced my self abit too much from such a style of writing since I myself have never been a fan of such text (unless they are to sleep on >_>). I may have indulged one side of my brain more then the other. Hmm.

Thank you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread