I disagree with a fundamental part of this. (Fan Creations)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:24 (2365 days ago) @ marmot 1333

In Destiny 1, you did need to keep playing to get the best stuff, in much the same way you need to keep working to make more money. This is good.

In Destiny, you could play a lot and eventually get really good stuff.

In Destiny 2, you play a lot and get literally no better things than someone who plays almost none at all. This is bad.

No matter how much effort you put in, you don't get anything extra.

That's my opinion.

But is that even true?

Yes.

In D1 if you weren't playing the right activities and you weren't always wearing your highest-power gear, you wouldn't get the best stuff, and even if you were playing the right activities, you still only had an RNG chance to get the things you wanted.

Correct.

In D2 it is much easier to collect all the things and then upgrade all the things, giving you more selection of which high-power tools you want to use. At various points in D1 I had the opportunity to upgrade a very, very small selection of things, and I had to wear my highest power things if I wanted to keep getting better things. I wasn't a fan of that--it felt limiting.

That's where you're wrong. I don't want to use any guns in Destiny 2.

In D2 if you play a lot, you get lots of things, so you would have a wider selection of gear to choose from than someone who plays almost none at all. In other words, I disagree with you.

I have played almost none at all, and I have all the guns anybody else has with the exception of a few exotics. I agree with me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread