So... you're just trolling me, right? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 16:05 (2364 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Your first three responses are you either VASTLY misinterpreting what I said or are straight up mean spirited trolls. I'm not sure which.

It's gotta be the first one because I am trying to have a reasonable conversation. Did you not say that you weren't leveled enough in FF XIII and hated that, but were overleveled in skyrim and also hated that?

You assumed I had done something wrong in both cases. In reality, I had been enjoying challenging gameplay in both cases until a sudden difficult spike or drop off due to poor leveling design got in the way of my fun.

Sorry if I'm a bit testy. Your responses just ran completely contrary to what was actually happening and it threw me off.

No worries at all!

Any time a game goes from being a comfortable level of challenge to a giant difficulty barrier or to suddenly being stupidly easy, I'd chalk that up to poor balance for that specific game rather than user error or flawed design premises. The only exception would be if the player suddenly figured out some mechanic of the game which made things a lot easier (like in fallout when you realize you can just use consumables all willy-nilly rather than saving them for some big boss fight and suddenly you plow through bad guys left and right).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread