Resources. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 18:19 (2363 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm with you.

I can't help but wonder what the game could be like if it was all as finely crafted as the raid.

And that's probably unfair, that makes it sound like I think the rest of the game is dogshit, and I don't. But I do think that even the best moments of Destiny 2 (the tank sections, assaulting the city) are pretty lacking in comparison to even the most mediocre Halo levels.

Think about flying the Pelican around New Alexandria. Jumping from the Warthog into a Hornet and back again on that pair of levels on the Ark. Any of the Warthog escapes. The Forward Unto Dawn landing on the Ark. Landing on Delta Halo. I could go on and on.

Like I said, it's ultimately something I just need to let go of--that's not the game they're making. Destiny does have cool things that a Halo style can't provide. I like the public events and that odds and ends that happen in the public spaces, and the seamless matchmaking with random players in that world, and the raids.

I like Destiny just fine, but I think I will always want to see a version of Destiny that is structured like a Halo game.

It's probably a tire discussion at this point, I know I've certainly said it this stuff enough times that folks are probably tired of reading it over and over.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread