Resources. Piloting Destiny 2 Vehicles = meh. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, December 28, 2017, 07:32 (2363 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And that's probably unfair, that makes it sound like I think the rest of the game is dogshit, and I don't. But I do think that even the best moments of Destiny 2 (the tank sections, assaulting the city) are pretty lacking in comparison to even the most mediocre Halo levels.

I'll largely agree. For me, the tank sections of D2 pale in comparison to Halo because the feel/controls of the vehicle just don't have that good "Halo/Jaime feel". Piloting the tanks in D2 felt very "meh" to me. It's like they tried to make a tank fast like a warthog & lost all the tank/warthog tuning that had been done in the previous halos to make driving them feel so good. I feel the same about every other Destiny vehicle, excluding the Sparrow. The sparrow feels pretty good.

Like your post, this should be understood that I don't think it's crap, I'm just comparing to something that was most excellent and exceedingly triumphant.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread